It’s the FIRST annual Mount Competition at the Mississippi Ag and Outdoor Expo!!! You can drop your mounts off at the Expo FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17. We’ll hang it on a mount wall for the weekend of the expo. Expo goers will have an opportunity to vote on the people’s choice award all weekend. Then on Monday morning (2/20) we’ll announce the winner on air with Nate and Traci. It is FREE to enter your mount! If you have any questions, please email BigBuckBounty@gmail.com. We look forward to seeing you at the Mississippi Ag and Outdoor Expo at the Trademart in February.
2022 – 2023 Big Buck Bounty
1. No purchase or entry fee necessary.
2. The Jackson Big Buck County contest is open to all legal Mississippi hunters. Certain
prizes require contestants to be above a certain age (determined by nature of prize
and/or sponsor and may be require minimum of 18 or 21 years of age.)
3. All contests are open to the general public except employees, agents, owners, and
affiliates of New South Radio, Inc., dba Digio Strategies, WUSJ (US96), WHJT (93-5 The Legend), WJKK (Mix 98-7), WYOY (Y101), WIIN (102-1 The Box), WHJT-HD2 (Blues 93-1), herein referred to as “THE STATIONS”, and sponsors of this contest, their immediate families, and household members of all of the
4. “THE STATIONS”, shall not be held responsible for the terms and conditions, or failure of participating sponsors to deliver prizes as promised.
5. The contest will begin on September 16, 2022 and run through January 31, 2023. The
Jackson area contest may be entered by any legal hunter whose harvest was killed within
the state of Mississippi by legal means. No deer killed outside of the state of Mississippi
is eligible for the Jackson area contest. Any entries for the youth category that are
questionable due to the ability of the child to aim and shoot a weapon without adult
assistance will be disqualified at the sponsors’ discretion.
6. To enter the contest, individuals must have their whitetail deer scored at official “STATION” scoring locations:
Huntington Lumber & Supply – 124 W Whitworth – Hazelhurst, MS – 601-894-3171 Hometown Hardware – 1085 Highway 49 – Flora, MS – 601-879-0402
AGUP – 324 Hwy 80 W – Bolton, MS – 601-866-2233
AGUP – 160 Commerce Park – Canton, MS – 601-856-4136
AGUP – 3304 Simpson Hwy 49 – Mendenhall, MS – 601-847-3844
AGUP – 401 Country Place Pky – Pearl, MS – 601-724-2860
AGUP – 441 Haley Barbour Pky- Yazoo City, MS – 662-746-6208
7. Participating scoring locations must use an official “Station” entry sheet. Only green
gross scores will be used for scoring for this contest. Anyone wanting to enter our
contest can submit a green gross score from an official Boone & Crockett or Pope &
Young scorer. Their official Boone & Crockett or Pope & Young score sheet has to be
submitted, along with our official entry forms, at one of our scoring locations and/or
electronically. Each green gross scoring sheet signed by an official Boone & Crockett or Pope & Young
scorer will constitute their final score for each entry in the contest. New South Radio, Inc. will not be responsible for lost, stolen, or scoring entries not submitted.
8. Prizes awarded based on GREEN GROSS Boone and Crockett scoring standards
segmented by typical & non-typical. Prizes awarded to the top scoring entry in
the following classes: Typical Men’s, Women’s, and Youth; Non-Typical Men’s,
Women’s, and Youth; Typical Archery and Non-Typical Archery, Typical Crossbow and
Non- Typical Crossbow. Categories may be amended as needed. Scores will be
posted in early February, 2023 on US963.com website. *NOTE: Youth Classes are determined as children 15 years of age and under at the time of harvest, who do not require a Mississippi Hunting license. Scoring for the contest will be unofficial Green scoring only for the preliminary scoring of this contest. Final scoring will be conducted using Boone & Crockett scoring standards but will not be on
record or file for any purpose other than this contest.
9. All State, local, Federal and/or other taxes, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for
prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win
prize/prizes valued at or over $600 will be issued an IRS form 1099 to report their
winnings and will be given a W-9 for completion at the time of winning.
10. All prizes are awarded and accepted “as is.” Prizes and gifts are nontransferable and
cannot be exchanged unless otherwise noted.
11. All entrants and winners agree that THE STATIONS, their
employees, owners, successors and assigns and the listed contest sponsors shall have
no liability and shall be held harmless for any injury, misfortune, loss, claim, expense or
damage to either persons or property as a result of entering, participating in, winning,
or losing any contest or by the use or non-use of any prize received.
12. All final category prizes must be claimed by March 31, 2023 at 265 Highpoint Drive,
Ridgeland, MS 39157, or in person at the appropriate sponsor location during their
regular business hours if the prize is a firearm. After such time, ownership of the said
prize reverts back to the contest sponsor to be disposed of at their discretion. The winner
then loses all claims and rights to said prize.
13. Any firearm prizes are subject to prevailing local, state, and national gun laws.
If the winner of a firearm is disqualified, or illegally prohibited from owning a
firearm, the prize is forfeited. There will be no substitution.
14. Proper identification must be presented to claim prize. Winners will be asked to fill out a
Winner’s Affidavit and Release.
15. All entry blanks, forms devices and materials, as well as all the information contained
on or within, gathered during the course of entry, shall become the sole property of the
station or the appropriate contest sponsor to be used, disposed of or destroyed at the
discretion of the sponsor.
16. All entrants and winners agree that New South Radio, Inc., The Radio People, THE
STATIONS, and associated sponsors may broadcast, publish, or post on the internet,
their name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including
their picture, voice (recorded or live), for any reason the sponsor deems necessary
without compensation. All entrants further agree to hold the station and/or sponsors
harmless and without liability for such publication, broadcast or use.
17. The sponsors reserve the right to end a contest at any time without any advance notice
to the public.
18. The Stations/sponsors reserve the right to limit the number of times an individual may
enter a contest or drawing.
19. Violations of any of these rules or attempts to win any contest by fraud, deception, or
cheating shall be grounds for the contest stations/sponsors to disqualify the individual
from participating in all current and future contests and events at the sole discretion of
the stations/sponsors, as well as forfeiture of any prize or prizes won by fraudulent
means. The Stations & sponsors reserve the right to administer a polygraph to any
20. All entry forms must be completely and legibly filled out or the entry form could be
21. New South radio, Inc. reserves the right to amend the rules of the contest if
deemed necessary and in the interest of the contest.
22. Decisions of New South Radio, Inc. & its sponsors are final.